Friday, February 12, 2010

How do you tell the difference between a liberal family and a conservative family?

From looking at family backgrounds ... how can you tell the difference between someone who comes from a liberal family and someone who comes from a conservative family?How do you tell the difference between a liberal family and a conservative family?
It's slightly hard to tell.


Even by looking at their clothes... I read about a study where people tried to guess political affiliations by what they were wearing and most of them were wrong. They thought this woman in a t-shirt and jeans was a Democrat when she was really a Republican.





Your best guess is looking at picket signs, usually. Or maybe in certain areas... there will be very little Republicans in poor areas. But you can't assume at the same time a rich person is conservative.How do you tell the difference between a liberal family and a conservative family?
Hmm... Well since all of the gross generalizations on here are wrong for our family, I guess you can't really tell by looking. Both my husband and I are conservative.


Accusation #1: Conservatives don't have college degrees.





My husband has degrees in mathematics and chemistry; I have a variety of degrees in English and French with a minor in philosophy.





Accusation #2: All conservatives believe in 'fairy tales'. (I'm assuming you're referring to religion or god.)





My husband is an agnostic. I have religious leanings, but I'm not involved in any church or organized religion.





I could go on, but it's not worth it. Just don't generalize or stereotype.
From looking at family backgrounds, you can't.





Take my family for example. There are lawyers, teachers, doctors and clergy in my family. Almost all of us own at least one firearm. Most are pro-life and all of us (except one weird cousin) are liberal.
Oh i thought there was going to be a punch line. :( there is not way you can tell from there back ground if there right or left? you just have to ask them. Good luck and never trust the government.
I doubt it. Our family was conservative Democrat and Republican. There is no possible way I can think of to tell how my family is.
Liberal families believe in science. Conservative families believe in fairy tales.
Just look at those Democrate's congresspersons and their families, those are the typical example of liberal families.
You can't. Everyone is different.





Unless of course they have Obama or McCain signs in their yard.
Liberals will say they HAVE to go to work. Conservatives will say they WANT to go to work. One would rather get a handout and the other would rather make it on his own.
Conservatives have horns and a tail.
A college degree.
I can't tell. If you can please enlighten me.
can't tell all families have their own problems
I don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment