Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What did you do with a liberal arts degree?

I want to know, I'm currently working at a smoothie place in Michigan. I obviously want to move up, maybe become a chef, or move somewhere else and find a professional job. Recommendations? Advice?What did you do with a liberal arts degree?
If you know what you want to do, like become a chef, I would definitely recommend getting specific training. It is so much more beneficial in this kind of area to have practical work experience and training than more general, less applicable training like a liberal arts degree. I love my liberal arts degree, an have enjoyed (and hated at times) the last four years, but I really don't think it's training so much as a way to find out what exactly you do want to do, what exactly you do think about the world, and really, I learned how much I don't know. So, if you are thinking about specific jobs, I think that specific training is best so you get where you want to be faster and can see more of a purpose in what your learning and you get good jobs in that area. I thnk that you sound very level headed and have a good idea about what works and doesn't work for you, so I say good luck and just stick with what you like to do, and pick programs that will emphasize these aspects. Good Luck!What did you do with a liberal arts degree?
Work as a highly paid consultant for the Democrat party.
  • white hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment